Over the last week or so, I’ve enjoyed the following blog posts / twitter threads.
- Be Prolific by Chris Mytton. This is a good reminder for me to focus on producing more output, rather than worrying too much about the quality of the output.
- This Week in Tory /twitter thread/ by @RussInCheshire
- MiniDisc Appreciation and Hacks. I enjoyed this post about how to build a replacement for a proprietary battery. Definitely relevant for my “Frugal Maker” project.
- The Network: How a Secretive Phone Company Helped the Crime World Go Dark by Joseph Cox. A really cool article about the founder of Phantom Secure - a modified blackberry phone with PGP-encrypted chat popular amongst criminals around the world.
- Startup Financial Modeling: This series goes through how to model a startup in Excel. Very useful. – Part 1: The Why and What of Financial Modeling – Part 2: Assumptions – Part 3: Income Statement and Custom Detail Tabs – Part 4: Cash Flow, Balance Sheet and Keeping the Model Updated
- An absorbing tweet thread from @elizmccracken about having a gas leak fixed
- This Tweet Thread from Stefan Simanowitz @StefSimanowitz about following the River Fleet from the source. I really enjoyed this thread, in which Stefan follows the river Fleet from it’s source at Hampstead Heath, to where it joins the Thames beneath Blackfriars Bridge.