I’ve started studying daily using Anki Flash Cards to revise. Every day I add at least one card to my study deck. Every day the study deck gets more valuable to me.
I have been studying continuously for many years now. I am still refining my studying technique though. One of the things that I am being forced to do with the maths I am doing at the moment, is to read and re-read the course materials over and over again. My workflow at the moment is:
- Skim the chapter. Scan the headings and sub-headings and try to build up the outline in my head.
- Skim through the problems within the chapter.
- Speed read the chapter. Get more of an idea of what is going on.
- Read through the problems and the answers.
- Read the chapter more thoroughly. Try and get a good understanding.
- Work through the problems.
- Repeat 5 and 6 until either clarity or the exam arrives!
Today has been a day of Analytic Number Theory study. I have a couple of assignments due next week on the Calculus of Variation and Analytic Number Theory. I’m a bit behind in my study plan, but that is nothing new. I found some excellent YouTube videos on various topics that I am working on – it really is an amazing resource!
I’ve been studying for another Maths exam. This time it’s the Open University M343 “Applications of Probability” course. It’s exam time so I’ve been making flash-cards to study with.